Land mines are the worst ever. I hate when I go to a class and they tell us about all the horrible things in the world. Its not that I want to be kept in the dark, anything but, its just hard knowing its out there and I'm about to leave for a class where the most important thing is how to factor cubic equations...
Our school is working so hard to make money to get rid of them and buy prosthetics for children who are abandoned because they lost a limb to a blast. Its amazing how much support they're getting. I looked around my English class today, and saw at least 6 people wearing the "No More Landmines" t-shirts. We're having a penny war and selling popsicles at the dance tomorrow. I just hope maybe we can make a difference. I'm wearing my shirt right now, and due to my own insecurities, I rarely wear short sleeve shirts, but I feel proud to be wearing it. So please, give one of these sites a click.
Links about Landmines:
- Landmine Survivors Network
- Landmine Action
- International Campaign to Ban Landmines
More later, tonight I have a band concert!!
*i'm sooooo nervous!!*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment