French Word of the Day: phalene, meaning moth. I picked it out of the french-english dictionary this morning. There aren't a whole lot of words beginning with ph- in French.
Song For Today: Kimi o Nosete from Laputa: Castle in the Sky, I had forgotten how much I loved this movie, but I heard the song on iTunes and remembered it. It is so so so beautiful. Kimi o Nosete means 'carrying you' in japanese, and the melody is so pretty. Listen to it Here. Or watch the video on youtube Here.
I've been listening to some prairie home companion and its been some poetry thing. Anyways, the poet laureate was on (billy collins was it?) and he is so fantastic. Pretty cool.
I think, I've been thinking, what if I never figure out what it is that only I can do? What if there is always somebody better than me, and I am never needed? I know I have a lot of time to figure it out, but what if that isn't true? Will I end up completely useless? Its a little scary to think about it, but its there.. and I don't like that. So. I've decided, today I am going to go around and take pictures of stuff. Maybe I'll find the same peace that I found this morning...
Pet Peeve for Today: People who pronounce sake sockee.. gaa that is so annoying!! I end up sitting at the sushi bar wanting to be like "hey loser, get it right!!" Then he says, I hope the sushi here doesn't suck. I wanted to slap him over the head. Hard. We were at JeJu last night (best restaurant in town!) and I got the nabeyaki udon, because udon is the best in the rain ^_^. Oishii!
Japanese Word For Today: kodomo, meaning children. This word reminds me of kodama the little guys from Mononoke Hime

and that in turn reminds me of kendama, the ball and cradle game!
I really should watch Mononoke Hime again, its been a while. I should buy it!! Yahh thats an idea. The japanese poster is so cool... I want it.
well, more later. Time for lunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment